Botox and anti wrinkle treatmentCosmetic treatments are constantly evolving and new benefits are emerging for each treatment, and one of the most popular solutions used to remove wrinkles and restore young vibrant skin is Botox. Our doctors at Nagem Center will tell us all the information we need to know about Botox and what it is used for.
What hat is Botox?Botox is known as “botulinum” and it is a substance that is extracted from certain bacteria that are injected into places that contain wrinkles associated with mobility. These wrinkles that appear when the muscle moves, and this treatment was built to separate the ligament between the nerve and the muscle and then by creating a state of relaxation for the muscles, thus the wrinkles begin to disappear gradually, and the excessive secretion of the hormone “acetylcholine” is the reason for this occurrence. Wrinkles basically serves as a signal that emanates from the muscle towards the central nervous system, and with the passage of time the skin is stretched and sagging. And by injecting botox, the signs of aging are reduced by tightening these sagging muscles and at the same time disrupting the secretion of this hormone, and the effect of botox lasts for a period of 6 months, after which the injection can be done again.
What are the types of Botox?There are very many types which are different their types differ according to the duration, quality, and effect, and the experts agree there are two major types, which are the best of all and they are the used in Nagem Center, based on 20 years of real life experiences and the testimony of large institutions around the world..
What are the uses of Botox?
Botox has cosmetic and other therapeutic uses:
Its therapeutic uses
-Treat excessive sweating under the armpits or in hands.
-Treat blepharospasm or eye twitching.
-Treat chronic migraines.
-Treat strabismus cases.
– Overactive bladder.
– Spasm of the lower extremities
– Treat the wrinkles between the eyebrows, known as bunny lines, as well as the wrinkles of the foreheads, and these two areas are the fastest in showing effects after injection
– Treat medium to severe lines of wrinkles around the eyes, known as crow’s feet.
-Treat the wrinkles that appear on the smile next to the mouth, known as Marionette lines.
– Treat a gummy smile, which occurs due to the appearance of a large part of the upper gum when smiling, and one of the reasons for its occurrence is the intensity of the muscle tensing or if the lip is very thin. Botox is used in this case to relax the lip muscle.
What happens in a botox session:
After a detailed consultation, your doctor will follow the following steps:
This includes applying an anesthetic cream to the area to be injected for half an hour to reduce the pain and discomfort that results from needle pricking and also flowing into the layers of skin, you can choose to have injection without an anesthetic.
2- Assessment of wrinkles:
Your dermatologist will ask you to perform different expressions to determine which muscles need to be treated. And note any lack of asymmetry or drooping.
It is usually injected with the help of a thin insulin syringe at several points, and the discomfort can be reduced by applying ice packs if needed.
4- After the session ends:
You can go home immediately after the end of the session, which lasts for an hour at most if anesthesia was used. Follow any necessary medical instructions that have been given.
What should be done before the Botox session:
1- Avoid any medications that relax muscles and any allergy medications for a while before the session.
2 – Refrain from taking any nutritional supplements or vitamins such as vitamin (E) and medicines that work to thin the blood because they may cause damage that may reach to bleeding.
3 – Refrain from any antibiotics because they may increase the effect of Botox.
4 – You must inform the attending physician of any medical history, or if you have ever had Botox injection sessions with another doctor to avoid any symptoms or problems after the injection session.
What instructions should I follow after Botox injections?
2 – Avoid tilting the head or looking down for long periods of time.
3 – Do not lie down for 3 to 4 hours after the injection. Therefore, it is best to have the injection before the evening, so that your sleep schedule is not affected.
4 – Avoid any type of facial massage for a first few days immediately after the injection, because it may lead to Botox leaking from the injection site to other areas.
When will the results of the sessions appear, and how long will they last?
– The results of botox injection usually start to appear immediately after the session, and there are some cases whose results appear after a day or two of the time of the session. We get to the final results after a week has passed since the session was done.
– As for the effect of botox, it lasts for a period of 3 to 5 months, and the period varies from person to person depending on the nature of the skin and condition which is being treated. After the end of this treatment period the skin returns to what it was, so we will need to repeat the injections after this period again.
People who cannot undergo botox injection sessions:
2- People who suffer from neurological diseases such as (myasthenic disease or motor neuron disease).
3 – People suffering from immune diseases.
4 – In the event that there are any skin diseases, they must be treated first before the sessions.
5 – Botox injection cannot be performed for people under the age of 25 years or over 80 years.