Al Barsha(Tel:0443991115, Whatsapp: +971527163131 | International City(Tel:044564090, Whatsapp: +971558579763) | Motor City(Tel:044226041, Whatsapp: 0523287059)
Teeth Scaling and polishing
Scaling and polishing
There is nothing more attractive than a beautiful elegant smile that makes you look happy and young. To achieve that smile, you have to care for your oral health. The first step to achieving this is scaling and polishing of the teeth at your dentist every 6 months.
The accumulation of plaque and calculus may result in gum disease and tooth decay resulting in many medical and dental issues that will need extensive treatment resulting in loss of time and money.
The importance of scaling and polishing
Scaling and polishing also known as cleaning, is the first and most important step in maintaining oral health and having a bright and beautiful smile.
- this maintains the health and strength of the teeth.
- it removes any remaining food particles and prevents bad mouth odour.
- prevents decay in teeth and gum inflammation
- prevents plaque and calculus accumulation
- limit teeth sensitivity especially on hot and cold foods
- protecting the enamel from signs of wear and stains
Number of visits for teeth scaling and polishingIt is very important to maintain oral hygiene in addition to periodic dental visits to check the status of the teeth and remove any accumulated calculus as this is necessary to prevent any further disease progression.It is best to visit the dentist atleast every 6 months to maintain the oral health and a beautiful smile.
It is very important to maintain oral hygiene in addition to periodic dental visits to check the status of the teeth and remove any accumulated calculus as this is necessary to prevent any further disease progression.
- The dentist does a full examination of the teeth and the gums before cleaning to check for the existence of any problems such as decay or infection or the presence of the the dark stain on the teeth.
- Incase, any problems exist this must be treated before the procedure.
- The dentist will remove any accumulated plague or calculus on the teeth or between the gums.
- After cleaning polishing is done to remove any superficial stains.
The cleaning procedure at the dentist
Polishing the teeth
Accumulation of food and drink particles on the teeth results in layor of plague and calculas that can cause great damage to oral health.
That’s why it is important after scaling that polishing is done to romove the accumulative layor and get a smooth and bright smile.
Importance of teeth polishing.
Teeth polishing is considered a therapeutic treatment rather then a cosmetic one with the goal of maintaining the teeth bright and stain free and to remove plague and calculas which is accumulated on the outer layer. This in turn will protect the enamel of the teeth from erosion and decay that might cause cavities that will in turn result in gum infection and require root canal. Additionally, it has a cosmetic benefit of removing stains and so restores a natural and beautiful smile.
Conditions for teeth polishing
This procedure is safe in all cases however, some individuals may need to discuss their dentist before initiating the procedure.
- Those below 16 years of age as their teeth are still in a growing phase.
- Those with sensitive teeth need suitable alternative to reduce sensitivity
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women as harmonies during this time may effect the oral health
- Those suffering from the gum disease or have cracks in their enamel